Wednesday, March 28, 2012

LA textile show and district shopping!

I got a chance to attend the L.A. textile show Monday & Tuesday. I had never been before. The show was unique, as I got to see what type of fabrics would be in for spring 2013. It was so fun to see what type of fabrics could be walking down the runway this fall as designer's work on their spring/summer '13 collections.
Here are some trends I've noticed for the bridal, formals and evening wear: Embellished laces with 3D details, all with a vintage feel. Feather embellished fabrics, big florals, cotton crotched laces, vintage cotton fabrics like viole, batiste and silk/cotton blends.

The picture below is my spoils from the L.A. fabric district where I picked up some hard to find locally fabrics and trims for brides I am sewing for, for their summer weddings. I can't wait to sew them up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment