Friday, October 12, 2012

I'm still here!

I promise I haven't disappeared!
Just enjoying a well deserved break, enjoying my kids, working on my cross-stitch, sewing for halloween, as well as handful of small fun client projects during this bridal off season.
 I'd thought I would share this weeks project. I'm really pleased with it! I told my client, I didn't want to give it to her; because I wanted it.
Micaela wanted to jazz up a few formal items in her closet for upcoming events. This one was a slip-like stretch satin, bias cut gown. So we cut off the floor length, to make it to hit just below the knee. I used the cut off material to make the bolero. The dress had lining, which was great, as it let me line the jacket as well.
I happen to be glancing through last month's Vogue and saw lots of bright jeweled tones lined up for the fall season. I suggested we overlay the bolero with the beautiful navy blue chantilly lace, which I had been dying to find an excuse to use since Tissu Fine Fabrics ordered it in.
We used a bolero pattern, I knocked off a wedding gown bolero a few years ago. This particular bolero has a nice dramatic collar that flatters a lot of neckline and I love it because it is fun and quick bolero to sew up. Well the jacket part, the lace took extra time to properly control and hand tack.
I suggested a small puffed sleeve. In combination with the slip-like dress, it gives a feminine touch to the drama of the collar and color combination. Micaela also plans to wear this bolero with another cute dress in her closet that's a bright magenta pink. Another jewel tone combination I kept noticing in Vogue.

I've also started to book for next year. I'm so excited to sew up these wonderful new creations, I've been discussing with future brides!

No comments:

Post a Comment