Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Finished up-cycle project!


Hello! Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

I wanted to post about that lovely up-cycle project I was working on in November. Remember that lovely vintage wedding gown? Full lace bodice and full chiffon skirt?? WELL here are the results! I can't wait to see pictures from the happy bride! I'm so sorry the pictures are sideways again. I really don't know what is going on in my iphoto! I keep turning them, but when I download them they are sideways again!
The original dress.
This is my sketch of the design.
This is not her wedding dress. I put on a waist band on the original skirt, so it still could be used as a wedding dress.
This is original lace off of her Mother's gown. I had to cut each motif out one by one! So worth it!

And the result of the cat suit/ jump suit. This is made out of the silk she purchased on trip to India. It split down the front and back, so you could see the corset pictured above through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment