Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cindy's Montana Wedding.







Cindy came across my booth the last time I did Fashion Stroll and asked me to make her gown for her  July Montana based wedding. I was so excited! She wanted color and something different. My cup of tea for a wedding gown. This was one of my favorite projects. But, I say that about each of my gowns. I love love love my job! 
 We started with a silk 4-ply and chiffon slip. It was very ballet-like. Fluid and romantic, it had a gathered empire waist line and softly fell into a small train.
 Over the slip dress, she had a kimono sleeved lace over-lay. With a asymmetrical skirt and waterfall ruffle. The lace was my favorite part of the gown. For her colors she had picked a beautiful sky blue and grass green. Cindy wanted to incorporate these colors into her gown, so we searched and searched for a lace online that was to these specifications. No luck! Cindy even braved the L.A. fabric district to find it her self. Still nothing....I was also able to make trip down there for other clients and after 3 hours of searching each and every store, I found it at the very last store!! It was beautiful. White mesh with big sky blue embroidered leaves, cluster flowers made with ribbons and pearl seed beads. With a delicate scalloped hem. It was so pretty! And best of all she loved it too!
I love this picture. She looks so pretty! I also love his green converse...Congrats Cindy! You were one beautiful bride and best wishes in your new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment